200 Club lottery rules
- The “200 Club” will be operated under The Lotteries and Amusements Act 1976,Section 4, Private Lotteries. The promoter will be the Treasurer of the Cranfield Village Hall.
- The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to amend the rules of the “200 Club”from time to time, as may be necessary. A copy of the current rules will be available from the Treasurer and on our website.
- All profits made by the “200 Club” will be used to support the running of the VillageHall.
- The Lottery will be limited to 200 members over the age of 16 years.
- The subscription will be £5 per month, payable by standing order on the 1st of the month (or annually in a single payment of £60, to be made before the 5th working day in June each year). On receipt of a single annual payment or a standing order form the applicant will be allocated a Draw Number. For each additional £5 paid per month an additional Draw Number will be allocated.
- A draw will take place every month for cash prizes. Winners of prizes will be notified by post, and the results of the draws will be available for inspection on the Village Hall notice board and on our website.
- 50% of the total annual subscriptions will be paid out in the form of cash prizes; for this purpose, the Club “year” will run from 1st June to 31st May.
- The draws will be conducted by 3 people, one of whom will be a Committee Member.
- No “200 Club” participant will be included in the draw if the appropriate subscription has not been received by the 5th working day of the month in which the draw is taking place. The Promoter reserves the right to reallocate any number where payment has not been received on time.
- Prizes will be paid by cheque, which will be sent through the post and only to the person holding the winning number.
- In the event of there being less that 200 participants, prizes shall be awarded on a pro rata basis of the actual number of members at the time of the draw. In order to ensure an equitable distribution of prize money in the event of there being less than 200 Society members paying throughout the year, 6.25% of the subscriptions received each month will be set aside to fund the December bonus prize.
- Participants can cancel their entry in the Lottery at any time by giving one month’s written notice to the Promoter (and if paying by Standing Order, they should also advise their bank). Any decision by the Committee to wind up the Club will also be by one month’s written notice. Under no circumstances can any payments berefunded.
Promoter: Esther Durrant 23 Walk House Close Cranfield MK43 0HY telephone 01234 750075 email: firstname.lastname@example.org